Well this post will be short because it is my second attempt to write it. The first attempt was a bit longer and included words of wisdom, but the computer I am working on decided to erase it when I tried to publish it. So I will keep this relatively short. I havent been able to post in a few days because I could not for the life of me find an internet cafe anywhere. I assumed that being a city with a lot of travelers passing through it, that these cafes would be everywhere. Of course I forgot that along with this being a Communist country worried about censorship, this is also a country where addiction to internet chat rooms is a serious problem. Seriously. There are support groups and everything. Good times.
So here is all you really need to know about my 12 hour flight from Vancouver to Shanghai:
-12 hours in an airplane sucks as much as you think it does
-I took a lot of drugs but still just couldnt fall asleep
-This non sleeping was partly made up for by the fact that I had two seats to myself. It wasnt a very full flight. So to be able to stretch out for a bit was wonderful.
-The food rocked. Well, it was airline food and still sucked, but it was kind of good chinese food. More importantly it came with a chili sauce that was just amazing. Seriously, it made the burnt rice seem like fine dining. I am going to have to see if I can grab a handful on my trip home.
I will talk about landing in Shanghai on the next post since technically it didnt happen until Monday.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment