Well I wont tell another horrible travel story here, since I am sure everyone has been through some rough times at airports and on planes. This one involved a minimum delay, the most uncomfortable seat ever, a little girl who insisted on sleeping on my shoulder despite the fact that her mother was next to her, and that same little girl puking into a bag while her mother slept.
But after all this I arrived in Seattle and was instantly reminded of why I love this area, and why when I do a job search again next year this while be on my short list of dream areas. Since I didn't get in until Friday in reality, I don't have much to say about this day.
But I must comment on the fact that I do love to travel. I really do. Even after uncomfortable seats and not being able to sleep on that five hour flight, I still love traveling. I love going someplace new or someplace that just smells of the familiar. I love getting into a cab and telling the driver to take you to your next destination. I love the littler interactions with people you have along the way, the little songs you right together. Sometimes they are long drawn out epic rock songs, sometimes they are short little 2 minute pop songs. There is always in the course of my travels at least one moment where I pop into someones life, instead of simply being a face in the mosaic. Last night sadly, it was when I switched seats so that a young newlywed couple could sit together. They enjoyed their flight, and fell asleep during the first of the two movies on the flights. I, well, I got to sleep next to the puking girl. They saw this. They laughed as she threw up, rather loudly, in a bag next to me. So if they repeat that story to anyone, they will mention that they avoided sitting next to her by switching seats with me. In the credits I would be "Man on plane #1" A small role but a mentioned on none the less!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment