Not sure if people are still reading this, but I kind of enjoy it. I think I might give an attempt at a blog again. I did for for a few weeks on political issues, but then I decided that I don't really care. Well, I do care, too much probably. But since I have decided that this country is quickly becoming a fascist place, I dont know if I will devote too much time to that issue. Of course, I have plenty of things good and bad to say about well, pretty much everything in the world.
But the real blog will have to wait. For now, I wanted to share a few more pics. I took way too many pics and it is going to take awhile to download them all off my photo bank, and to figure out what is good and what stinks. But just a few fun ones for now, to test the waters and see if anyone is still out there.

This is the donkey meat I was raving about in an earlier post. Man....seriously good stuff. Just looking at this pick, my mouth is watering a bit.

Ah more great food. The one on the left is bean curds or something along those lines. That was the hardest one to eat I thought. The Middle one is Chicken Stomachs, or stomach linings probably more correct. And on the right is Buffalo Tripe. That was really good. It was no donkey meat, but still great.

Not sure if this pic does it justice. But this is the first image from Chongqing I have posted I think. So the stairs at the bottom of the picture, and the kind of porches you see in the middle (by the sign) are all part of some housing project. Now notice what is above the housing project: yeah, thats an expressway. A busy one. Further down the river, the railroad goes underneath the expressway. And underneath both of those, is more housing. In a booming city like this, with a WIDE gap between rich and poor, every available space is used.

Ah the rare picture of me. I don't like taking photos of myself as it is, and traveling alone was a big excuse/reason for not having a lot of pics. But I managed to get a few on the cruise when I could ask a fellow westerner to do it. Given the attention I got around China, I did not want to bring more attention to myself by asking for and then posing for a picture that a Chinese person was taking of me. (Which reminds me, two things were running through my head in China a lot-"Last night I had the strangest dream, I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find ya....Ain't no one gonna break my stride, ain't no one gonna slow me down, oh no" and of course "China man took my legs in Korea" or "The Chinaman who pissed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill" "The Chinaman is not the issue here Dude."
No comments:
Post a Comment