Monday, August 11, 2008

More Photos


Just a few more random chosen pics from the trip. This is of what are called The Trackers. They bring ships up the lesser gorges at first by paddling, and as we shall see in a second, by physical pulling the boats. This is how people and goods have been transported on these small tributaries of the Yangtze for hundreds if not thousands of years.





And like I said, here are the trackers pulling the boats, or at least getting ready to. I wont show you how hard this is, because those photos are great, and I gotta protect my intellectual property of course.








Part of the MASSIVE scale model of Shanghai's development for the 2010 World Expo. They had a creepy video there that showed how happy the workers would be to get kicked out of their homes to make room for the development along the river. Classic Communist Propaganda for sure.

No comments: